A facial is the perfect way to rejuvenate skin and help itto look and feel healthier, radiant, and more youthful. Facials include a range of treatments that can vary depending on the type and health of your skin and your personal treatment goals.
Over time, impurities can build up in the skin, making it appear dull, lackluster, and unhealthy. The good news is that a facial can be a safe, effective way to reenergize the skin and improve its appearance.There are a variety of techniques that may be recommended as part of your treatment to help extract impurities and improve the health of the skin, such as dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, or a chemical peel.
Here’s what you can expect at a facial.
A Skin Consultation
If you are considering a facial, always visit an experienced and trained aesthetician to ensure you get the best results and to avoid any complications. During your consultation, your aesthetician will carry out a thorough skin analysis to assess your skin type and the condition of your skin to determine the facial treatments most suitable to achieve your desired results. They will also check your medical history and may ask questions about your lifestyle and skincare routine to make sure that the treatment they recommend is safe for your skin and overall health. You should always let your aesthetician know if you have any allergies or skin sensitivities, or if you are taking any medications prior to treatment in order to prevent complications, such as a skin reaction.
Elements of a Facial
Facial treatments are customized to suit individual needs and skin types. A facial consists of several different phases in order to promote skin health.This can vary depending on the condition of the skin, but mayinclude:
- Cleansing the skin to get rid ofany makeup, dirt, or other surface impurities and to soften the skin
- Exfoliating the skin, such as by using a simple facial scrub to remove dead skin cells and other impurities from the skin surface
- Steaming the skinto open up the pores
- Facial extraction to deep cleanse the pores and treat problem areas such as black heads and whiteheads
- Application of a face or eye mask or serum to calm and hydrate the skin
- A massage of the face, neck and decolletage area
- Moisturization to hydrate and protect the skin
During a facial, a range of treatments may be recommended to remove impurities from the skin, improve the appearance of conditions such as rosacea and age spots, minimize fine linesand wrinkles, revitalize and refresh the skin, and to make skin look and feel healthier and more youthful.
Most Popular Facial Treatments
Depending on your skin type and aesthetic goals, there are a range of facial skin care treatments that can help to improve skin tone and texture, minimize fine lines, reduce blemishes, andincrease collagen and elastin production to help skin appear healthier and more youthful. The most popular treatments include:
- Microneedling – a painless, minimally invasive procedure that uses fine needles attached to a derma roller to create tiny, invisible puncture wounds in the upper layer of the skin to promote a natural healing response and increase collagen and elastin production. Treatment helps to minimize fine linesand wrinkles and reduce sun damage and skin discoloration.
- Chemical peels – utilize a safe, effective acid solution to remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of skin and to revitalize sun damaged, aging, acne-prone, skin. The aim of treatment is to brighten skin and improve skin tone and texture.
- Dermaplaning– a treatment to refresh the skin by gently abrading the skin surface with a scalpel to get rid of fine hairs, peach fuzz, and dull, dry surface skin. Treatment is usually followed by a hydrating mask or mild chemical peel to enhance results and remove any remaining dead skin cells.
- DiamondGlow– a simple and painless microdermabrasion treatment that works to exfoliate the skin and clear clogged pores. It also applies a nourishing serum when the skin is most receptive to address issues such as dry or oily areas, wrinkles, saggy skin, and more.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacial–a safe and effective treatment that uses a laser wand to emit multiple short, precise amounts of light energy to targeted areas to destroy the pigment-producing cells below the skin surface and achieve clearer, healthier, more youthful skin. It can be used to correct or improve the appearance of skin blemishes such as rosacea, sun damage, age spots, freckles, broken capillaries, and uneven skin tone.
Quality Facials in Dallas, TX
If you are looking for an effective way to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin, visit the highly trained professionals at Privé Aesthetics for expert care. We provide a range of affordable facial treatments to help you look and feel your best. Our treatments include skin rejuvenation treatments, such as microneedling, chemical peels, dermaplaning, laser treatments, Botox, non-invasive fat removal, and much more to help your skin appear healthier and more youthful.
To find out more or to schedule a consultation with one of our specialists, call us today at (817) 739-6640. You can also use our online appointment request form or visit us today in Hillcrest Ave, Dallas. Our office is conveniently located across the street from Southern Methodist University (SMU).