Looking to get vibrant, healthy, and youthful-looking skin? Microneedling– using the world’s first FDA-approved, medical-grade, and state-of-the-art device, SkinPen®– could be the solution you’re looking for.
Now, you might ask, “How is SkinPen® microneedling any different from all the skin fads out there that vanished as quickly as they appeared? And is it right for me?”
Since SkinPen® was developed less than a decade ago, countless men and women have been raving about it—for a number of amazing reasons. Read on to find out a little bit more about SkinPen® microneedling: how it works, its benefits, and whether it’s suitable for you.
How SkinPen® Microneedling Works
SkinPen® microneedling works by creating controlled microtears in the skin, thereby stimulating your body’s natural healing mechanisms, boosting collagen production, and rejuvenating your skin from the inside out.
The skin undergoes three phases of wound repair and healing with microneedling:
- Inflammation – Puncturing the skin triggers your immune system to remove debris, increasing blood flow to the area and promoting tissue regeneration
- Proliferation – The wound is repaired with new cells and a new network of blood vessels.
- Remodeling – The wound is replaced with new skin tissues and blood vessels.
Depending on your specific skin problem, you may need up to six treatments to achieve your desired results. Each session is spaced usually 30 days apart.
Benefits of SkinPen® Microneedling
People look to SkinPen® microneedling as a safe, effective alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures like facelifts (rhytidectomy).
Some of the benefits of SkinPen® Microneedling include the following:
- Quick recovery- a minimally invasive, nonsurgical procedure lasting no more than an hour
- Versatile- effective on multiple body parts and safe for all skin tones and skin types
- Beautiful, lasting results- Healing doesn’t stop when you leave the office.
- SkinPen® technology boosts the extent and quality of these benefits
- Treats a broad range of skin problems (e.g., acne scars, large pores, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots, and more.
Side effects of SkinPen® microneedling typically include slight swelling and redness after the procedure, but these will go away in a few days. A topical anesthetic may be applied before the procedure to ensure your comfort throughout.
Albeit SkinPen® microneedling is a proven safe, well-tolerated, and effective procedure, it is not suitable for everyone. It may not be recommended for you if you’re pregnant or lactating, or you have the following conditions:
- Skin irritation in the treatment area
- Open wounds or sores
- Allergy to anesthetics or stainless steel
- Bleeding dysfunction or disorder
Your aesthetic specialist will do a thorough assessment to determine whether you’re a candidate for SkinPen® microneedling.
SkinPen® Microneedling in Dallas, TX
Now, it’s time to see for yourself the wonders that SkinPen® microneedling can do for your skin. Visit us here at Privé Aesthetics. We have made a name for ourselves for the finest, sophisticated cosmetic services we offer the men and women in Dallas and beyond. Our team of highly qualified aesthetic specialists are committed to ensuring the most comfortable skincare experience for each of our clients.
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment with a member of our team, call our office today at 817-739-6640 or use our appointment request form. Our friendly staff is here to answer all your questions and concerns. We look forward to helping you achieve beautiful, glowing skin!