Wrinkles are a result of reduced skin elasticity and volume loss in the skin’s cells. The loss of elasticity and volume can be due to things like weight loss, smoking, and sun exposure.
However, you do not have to accept wrinkles. There are many people who do not look their age at all, so why should you?
If you are not happy with how you look in the mirror because of fine lines and wrinkles, and you’re looking for a way to get smoother skin and a youthful look again, consider dermal fillers – which are also called wrinkle fillers or facial fillers. Let’s talk about how this injection-based skin treatment works, and where you can go in Dallas (near the SMU campus) to get smooth, beautiful skin.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a popular, FDA-approved, minimally invasive cosmetic treatment. Wrinkle fillers fill in the lines on your face – on the forehead, around the eyes, and around the mouth area – targeting collagen loss and giving your skin a softer, smoother look.
While surgical procedures to look younger involve incisions, stitches, and extensive downtime, injection-based dermal filler treatment is over quickly. You can return to work or school right after treatment.
Dermal fillers can be used:
- To address volume loss, fine lines, and wrinkles in the face
- To fill in laugh lines and awkward facial lines
- To plump up the lips
After one session, you will leave the medical spa with noticeably smoother and plumper skin or fuller lips.
Types of Wrinkle Fillers
A professional aesthetician can use either or both of the most popular wrinkle fillers: Juvederm® or Restylane®. Juvederm and Restylane contain a variant of hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance in the body that keeps skin cells youthfully plump.
The range of Juvederm fillers includes:
- Juvéderm XC (corrects mouth wrinkles, vertical lip lines, and upper-lip volume loss)
- Juvéderm Ultra (for lip augmentation)
- Juvéderm Vollure (to correct deep wrinkles and severe nasolabial folds)
- Juvéderm Voluma (corrects volume loss in cheeks and chin)
- Juvéderm Volbella (used to plump up the lips)
The effects of Juvederm fillers usually last longer than Restylane fillers.
The Restylane line also corrects facial lines and wrinkles:
- Restylane Lyft (enhances lips and restores volume to the cheeks and the back of the hands)
- Restylane Silk (to smooth out lines around the mouth and to augment the lips)
- Restylane Defyne (to correct wrinkles around the nose, mouth, and chin area, and can augment the chin)
- Restylane Refyne (to correct wrinkles and folds around the tiny facial muscles while maintaining control of your natural facial expressions)
- Restylane Kysse (a lip filler that smooths the lips and adds volume to the upper lip)
Wrinkle Fillers in Dallas, TX
If you are looking for a nonsurgical solution for facial lines and wrinkles, trust the professional aestheticians at Privé Aesthetics medical spa. We carry the full range of Juvederm fillers and most Restylane fillers, and we will work with you to produce your desired results.
Privé Aesthetics is conveniently located on Hillcrest Avenue across the street from Southern Methodist University, and we welcome SMU students and staff to our medical spa.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation, call our Dallas medical spa today at (817) 739-6640 or fill out our appointment request form online now. We look forward to being your partner in achieving smooth, healthy, vibrant skin!